This gallery of photographs features the small village of Shipton which lies to the south of Wenlock Edge in Shropshire.
The village is dominated by Shipton Hall, an Elizabethan manor house with rococo decoration by Thomas Pritchard, the architect responsible for designing the Iron Bridge across the River Severn.
St James' Church dates back to Saxon times and was originally a chapel attached to the Priory at Much Wenlock. It contains a number of memorial boards, with the earliest dedicated to Mary Mytton who died in 1640 and whose family lived at the hall.
Click on each image for more information