Sea of gold at Smethcote church
A host of golden daffodils surrounds the Church of St Michael and All Angels at Smethcote, near Church Stretton.
The church has stood on its present site since at least the 12th century, and the remains of a motte and bailey castle can be found nearby.
Over the centuries the church fell into disrepair and it was almost entirely rebuilt in 1850, although it still contains some original features.
The work was carried out by local craftsmen and included a magnificent hammerbeam roof, built with a mixture of old timbers and new oak.
Poignantly, a secret was discovered during restoration work on the Roll of Honour.
A sheet of paper was found at the back of the frame which identified all those from the parish who had died in the Great War.
It is believed to have been written by the Reverend W R Blackett, and sadly, the first name on the list is that of his own son.
The original list was later returned to its hiding place.
Published by Shropshire and Beyond on
A celebration of beautiful Shropshire
Triumph of the Clun Green Man
Sun and snow on the Clee Hills
Spring is just around the corner
Watery scene at Attingham Park